[mythtv-users] Mytharchive errors

Harry Devine lifter89 at comcast.net
Thu Dec 4 22:40:51 UTC 2008

Nick Rout wrote:

>> Well that certainly explains alot!  Amazing how a lowercase "L" and a
>> "1" look alike! LOL!  Anyway, I re-entered the ffmpeg command, and its
>> running now.  Should it take a long time?  Its been going for about 30
>> minutes so far.  Not sure if it's a long process or not.
>>

> yes, where "long" is a function of processor power and the length of
> the recording (among other things)

OK, its now 24 hours later, and my prompt still hasn't come back,
indicating that ffmpeg is still running.  Can I assume that this is NOT
normal?  I have an AMD 5400+ Dual-Core 64 bit CPU, so its a pretty
powerful.  This now leads me back to my initial question:  why can't I
archive a recording to DVD using a pre-packaged distro?

Thanks,
Harry