[mythtv-users] digital cable channel scan incomplete

matt lutz myth.matt.lutz at gmail.com
Thu Dec 4 19:45:31 UTC 2008

All,

I've recently switched from DirecTV/OTA to digital cable.  I have a
HDHomeRun that I wanted to tune the ATSC channels with.  I've successfully
set up the new listings, the HDHR, and scanned for the channels.  I get the
local networks in HD, and some other odd news channels, but I don't get a
decent amount of the available content.  I've been able to map all of the
channels it does find to the proper channel # and xmltv ID, but the big
problem is the missing channels.

If I use the HDHR windows app, I get all of them.  here is my listings page:

http://www.silicondust.com/hdhomerun/lineupui?Cmd=LocationProgramsWeb&Country=US&Postcode=22302

Mythtv doesn't find anything with a 'program' number of over 100 for some
reason.  I've searched all over the place on how to add new channels to the
database, and I've done what I think should be correct, but myth can't get a
good channel lock on the new channel I add to the db.

Like I said, I know the HDHR can tune the channel, because I can get it on
my windows laptop using the HDHR software.  Does anyone have any ideas on
what could be wrong in my myth setup?

thanks,
matt