[mythtv-users] Question regarding DVB-S EIT

OJ olejl77 at gmail.com
Thu Dec 4 05:00:35 UTC 2008

Hi
I'm currently using EIT to generate my EPG. The problem is that each
channel only broadcast NOW and NEXT.

If I enable 'useonairguide' for all available channels, eventually
more information is downloaded. As I understand this is because on
some channels additional information for a week is transmitted.

My problem is I don't know which channel this is, so I can not just
enable this specific channel so the scanning takes a very long time to
finish.

If I use my Humax DVB-S tuner I can just click guide and it will give
me the one week guide. This tells me that there should be a way to
tell which channel is transmitting AEIT.

If I watch LiveTV for a long period of time, the EPG data is not
updated. I would expect the channels on the same transponder (not sure
about the terminology) to be continously updated.

Questions:
1. How can I tell which channel(s) transmitts AEIT?
2. Is there a reason for EPG not beeing updated during LiveTV playback?
3. After I exit LiveTV, the EIT scan is not always started. I have to
restart the backend to get this working again. Anything I can do to
debug this?

mythfrontend --version
Please include all output in bug reports.
MythTV Version   : 19226
MythTV Branch    : trunk
Library API      : 0.22.20081116-1
Network Protocol : 42
QT Version       : 4.4.3
Options compiled in:
 linux release using_oss using_alsa using_arts using_backend using_dvb
using_firewire using_frontend using_hdhomerun using_hdpvr using_iptv
using_ivtv using_joystick_menu using_lirc using_mheg using_qtwebkit
using_v4l using_x11 using_xrandr using_xv using_xvmc using_xvmc_vld
using_xvmcw using_bindings_perl using_bindings_python using_opengl
using_ffmpeg_threads using_libavc_5_3 using_live using_mheg