[mythtv-users] Geforce 8200 already advisable, working out-of-the-box?

Florin Andrei florin at andrei.myip.org
Thu Dec 4 01:40:31 UTC 2008

Mark Jenks wrote:

> I just built a BE/FE with the M3N78 Pro, and have audio/video over HDMI
> (alsa 1.0.18a) working perfectly.   It has the 8300 chipset on it, and
> full 7.1 audio (which I broke apart for my Jinzora setup).

On another mailing list (unrelated to Myth) someone was asking about
audio over HDMI. I told him to google the mythtv and alsa forums for
solutions.

Is there a HOWTO about audio over HDMI? What are the special
requirements (if any)? Do you need the latest ALSA, the latest NVidia
drivers, some kernel version, or some specific hardware?

--
Florin Andrei

http://florin.myip.org/