[mythtv-users] Getting OT - Backend PC Powersupply...is it broken?

Tom Dexter digitalaudiorock at gmail.com
Wed Dec 3 19:07:25 UTC 2008

On Wed, Dec 3, 2008 at 6:05 AM, Ian Clark <mrrooster at gmail.com> wrote:

> If it does turn out to be your PSU then buy a decent replacement. Most
> components in a modern computer can be bought cheap, but the PSU isn't one
> of them. If it doesn't weigh a lot, don't buy it.
>
> Hope that's some use. :)
>
> Ian

Interesting...I wish I was aware of that a few months ago when I
replaced the PSU in my Dell 4600 backend.  I'd actually never had to
do that before.

It was pretty clear my problem was the PSU...I got no lights on
anything when the PSU was plugged in.  I was in a hurry to get the
backend running again, and found a compatible PSU in a computer supply
place about 25 miles away.  It's worked fine since.  While it's not
extremely light, it is in fact lighter than the original in spite of
having a higher wattage rating.

You've got me wondering if I should be concerned with it.

Tom