[mythtv-users] Set up a Holiday Special Recording Schedule??

boehm100 at comcast.net boehm100 at comcast.net
Wed Dec 3 17:49:01 UTC 2008

From: Brad DerManouelian <myth at dermanouelian.com>
> On Dec 2, 2008, at 12:35 PM, Brad DerManouelian wrote:
>
> > On Dec 2, 2008, at 12:10 PM, boehm100 at comcast.net wrote:
> >
> >> Hi,
> >>
> >> I primarily use MythWeb to set up my recording schedule.  I would
> >> like to create a recording schedule that would record HD/Digital
> >> holiday specials.  Is this possible?  How does one record by
> >> category?
> >
> > You need to create a custom record rule. The SQL you want is:
> > WHERE program.category LIKE '%holiday%' AND program.hdtv = 1
> >
> > I think this might be called "power search" or something in Mythweb. I
> > don't remember since I schedule all my stuff from the frontend.
>
> I should have tried this before posting. You don't need the "WHERE"
> part since it's already built into the query. Just make a Custom
> recording schedule, set it to Power Search, give it a Title and then
> enter the Search Phrase:
> program.category LIKE '%holiday%' AND program.hdtv = 1
>
> -Brad

Thanks Brad.  That worked well. Unfortunately I think "program.hdtv = 1" is too strict. I would like to include programs like "Rudolph the Red-Nosed Reindeer" being broadcast on KOIN-HD, but it does not have the hdtv flag.  Is there anyway to specify the tuner instead?  I have an HDHomeRun and two PVR-150s.  Basically if its on a digital channel and its a holiday special I would like to capture it.

Thanks,
Jon