[mythtv-users] Frontend connected to master-backend(Solved)

Jos Hoekstra joshoekstra at gmx.net
Wed Dec 3 11:01:24 UTC 2008

John H schreef op 3-12-2008 1:59:
> Sounds like your settings are off in mythtv-setup. Just stop the
> backend and then start mythtv-setup. Under General make sure the
> settings match the location of your backend which you can find by
> #ifconfig on the pc with the backend.

And that was it.
Somehow the network-adresses changed a while ago and worked ok for a
while, just a couple of days ago the pauses grew longer so that it
became pretty annoying.

What could the reason be for not allowing hostnames in the
backend-setup? In that way I could change networks all I want, provided
lookups work this would make a setup more flexible.
The frontend setup(Settings >> General) works with hostnames already.

Thanks,

Jos