[mythtv-users] OT: Converting VHS to digital with Ion vcr2pc

David Brodbeck gull at gull.us
Tue Dec 2 18:53:42 UTC 2008

Jonny B wrote:
> The tapes that have macrovision are going to be things like the disney
> collection, and those will be likely kept for the inherit collectors
> value that original working Disney VHS will have.

Interesting thought.

It reminded me that the reason I went out and bought a DVD player was
when I realized how bad the quality was getting on Disney VHS releases.
 I disassembled my VCR to clean the heads *twice* before realizing the
reason "The Rescuers Down Under" looked so grainy was that Disney was
dubbing it onto poor quality tape.