[mythtv-users] automatic modules loading for ivtv

Nick Morrott knowledgejunkie at gmail.com
Tue Dec 2 07:39:04 UTC 2008

On 02/12/2008, Claude Gélinas <claude at phyto.qc.ca> wrote:
> Le dimanche 30 novembre 2008 à 22:22 -0500, Boleslaw Ciesielski a
>  écrit :
>
> > Claude Gélinas wrote:
>  > > Le dimanche 30 novembre 2008 à 20:43 -0500, Boleslaw Ciesielski
>  > >> However, if you are doing fresh install anyway, why are you using F8? It
>  > >> is going to be de-supported (including no new mythtv packages) in a
>  > >> couple of weeks.
>  > >>
>  > >
>  > > Do you recommend upgrading from FC8 or fresh install of FC10
>  >
>  > Fresh install works best.
>  >
>  > You may also consider something like CentOS 5.2 for its long term
>  > support. Everything you need is on atrpms too.
>

> So I've installed FC10 x86_64 fresh install but as I went to install
>  mythtv-suite package there are two missing dependency:
>
>  libdirectfb-1.0.so.0()(64bit)
>  and PIL

There doesn't appear to be any MythTV x86_64 for F10 either. You'll
either have to wait for the binaries to be built for F10, revert to
F9, or learn to compile your own MythTV binaries.

PIL (python-imaging) still causes ridiculous conflicts as both Fedora
and atrpms provide their own packages, but with different names which
conflict if the Fedora version is installed and you try to update
MythTV (which in turn attempts to drag in PIL).

I'd also suggest subscribing to the atrpms-users list (or at least
reading it regularly). Support has only just been announced for F10,
so if some builds are being stopped by build erros, you might have to
wait for them to be fixed.

--
Nick Morrott

MythTV Official wiki: