[mythtv-users] Can the Windows MythTV project use PureVideo?

Marc Barrett mnealbarrett at cox.net
Tue Dec 2 01:47:09 UTC 2008

I am interested in the Hauppauge HD-PVR, but I don't know
if I can afford a fast dual-core system right now.  A project has
been started to port MythTV to Windows.  (Note: I am NOT talking
 about WinMyth here, which is an old, out-of-date project).

I have a question about the Windows MythTV project: would it
be possible for this project to somehow make use of nvidia's
PureVideo?  If possible, that could dramatically lower the
CPU requirements for playing H.264 videos.