[mythtv-users] xine DVD cursor keys like Internal player?

John Veness John.Veness.myth at pelago.org.uk
Mon Dec 1 22:39:35 UTC 2008

Is it possible to configure xine so that the cursor keys can work like
the MythTV Internal player when playing DVDs? Specifically, can the same
four keys control the highlight while in DVD menu navigation, but do the
skip back/forward 10min/1min/5seconds (depending on how configured)
while in playback?

http://www.mythtv.org/wiki/index.php/Configuring_Xine specifically the
paragraph starting "Needs work on how to map Mythtv keys" suggests that
it cannot, although mentions that maybe gxine will help. Does it?

The reason I ask it that I find the Internal player too buggy for DVDs,
mostly navigation/menu-type errors. xine seems to play the DVDs fine,
but it would be nice if I could set up the remote to work the same in
xine as for the Internal player, as I use the Internal player for TV and
non-DVD video playback.

Alternatively, is there another DVD software player that works well with
DVD menus and which can have its keys configured like the MythTV
Internal player?

Cheers,

John

--