[mythtv-users] Hauppauge HD-PVR for $183.99

Steve Heistand steve at heistand.org
Mon Dec 1 19:18:29 UTC 2008

On Mon, 1 Dec 2008 11:14:34 -0800 (PST), Michael Drons wrote
> Why would I want this over an HDHOMERUN?
>
> To me the hdhomerun should have less problems.  No linux drivers to worry about.  No need to a PCI slot in
the backend.

you might be confusing the hd-pvr with the hvr-1600. which is a slot based OTA/qam tuner
like the hdhr.

the hdpvr has no tuner, take component cables as input and outputs to a usb cable.
external box. if you have a cable box or satellite box you would think the hd-pvr
is the best thing since sliced bread.

"Why is it so hot inside this handbasket?"
--
Steve Heistand
steve at heistand.org