[mythtv-users] Just how great can VDPAU be?

Mark Kendall mark.kendall at gmail.com
Mon Dec 1 14:41:15 UTC 2008

2008/12/1 ryan patterson <ryan.goat at gmail.com>:
> I have an 8500GT 256MB running VDPAU on ubuntu 8.10.  I can not get it
> to play any high def HD-PVR recordings.  It will play one 480i hd-pvr
> recording I made.  All the 720p and 1080i recordings I tried generated
> a segmentation fault in mythfrontend (error message like: failed to
> create VDPAU buffers).  I thought my problem was not enough video ram.

Can you post some logs (using '-v playback') of files that play and
files that don't? - particularly those that crash.

Also, if you haven't done so already, try playing back some of the
failed files using the mythtv binary rather than mythfrontend - you
should have more success.

> I see the same all white OSD.

What exactly do you mean by all white? (photo?)
Regards

Mark