[mythtv-users] Just how great can VDPAU be?

Paul Gardiner lists at glidos.net
Mon Dec 1 13:27:23 UTC 2008

Isaac Richards wrote:
> On Saturday 29 November 2008 10:52:58 am George Mari wrote:
>>  From the notes on the patch that Isaac submitted, it looks like MPEG2
>> video is still not-quite visuallyoptimal, but that's probably just a
>> matter of time before that gets smoothed out.
>
> The corruption went away with the checkin after that, I just didn't mention it
> in the notes.

Seeing as the nVidia interlace problem is associated with XV, is there
any chance it will be fixed by use of VDPAU? I'd just love to buy
a mobo with integrated 8XXX graphics, and for now just drive my SD
TV via VGA=>Scart, knowing that I have HD capable hardware for when
I eventually need it.

In any case, it's hell these days to find a graphics card that can
generate PAL timings flawlessly, so an 8XXX card would be a great
solution, even ignoring the HD readiness.

Cheers,
	Paul.