[mythtv-users] Myth records until drive is full (auto-expire is off)

homer homer39 at bigpond.com
Mon Dec 1 07:47:15 UTC 2008

Hello,
	The biggest problem I have is when I am just watching tv (through the
composite input as I have to do with Foxtel/Austar) it stores it in 1
huge file.  Especially if Myth is left on "Watch TV" and I go out for a
couple of hours/days.

	What I would like to see is if there is no program information about
what is being currently viewed (EIT) AND it is not scheduled for
recording, that MythTV will break up the video into (for example) 30
minute blocks and delete anything older than X minutes old.

	This should help overcome the running out of room problem and also
prevent 6-7Gb files residing on 1 partition.

	Thoughts anyone?