[mythtv-users] To survive the switch to digital...

Jon Bishop jon.the.wise.gdrive at gmail.com
Mon Dec 1 07:24:26 UTC 2008

> IMO, the cable companies are being intentionally vague, running ads
> that say "relax, you're covered", without saying when or whether
> you'll need a converter box.  For me, the main reason we stick with
> cable is the ability to plug all the TVs/PVR-150s directly into the
> wall and get all of our channels.  If I'm going to need to rent
> multiple converters and deal with IR blasters and such anyway, might
> as well use a HDHomerun for direct OTA networks and a cheap satellite
> package for the rest.

Of course they are. Honest marketing is an oxymoron. For me, as soon
as I can't tune history, discovery, comedy central and cartoon network
I'm going back to directv for my cable needs. Still got all my null
modem to usb adapters in a bag waiting for the switch. (I used to live
in the boonies, no cable, so I had 2 boxes setup and recording this way)

~Jon