[mythtv-users] Inexpensive, preassembled, VDPAU-friendly frontends

Yeechang Lee ylee at pobox.com
Mon Dec 1 04:58:54 UTC 2008

Nick Rout <nick.rout at gmail.com> says:
> What we need is a machine with an atom processor and an nvidia onboard
> chip.

I mentioned Atom in my original message as an example only; the CPU
itself doesn't matter so much to me. What does matter is
VDPAU-compliant Nvidia video and a DVI port.

I wouldn't be surprised if in the next three to six months a netbook
shows up with both features and, quite serendipitously, becomes an
ideal super-compact, low-power, prebuilt MythTV HD frontend. Even more
likely is some $200-300 small form-factor desktop PC from Dell, HP, or
whoever that also meets these requirements, with greater
expandability.

--
Frontend:		P4 3.0GHz, 1.5TB software RAID 5 array