[mythtv-users] automatic modules loading for ivtv

Claude Gélinas claude at phyto.qc.ca
Mon Dec 1 01:27:40 UTC 2008

Fresh install of FC8 Mythtv from package. Work great but I can't find
how to setup auto loading of some module.

To get the X via PVR350 I have to manually load ivtvfb module then I can
do startx. I want to boot automatically up to mythtv screen so where i
put the command to laod that module soon enough that X will start
correctly.

I suppose that it's in etc/modprobe.conf but can't find how to write it.

Also, I need to load the needed module for the remote.

I manually load them via:

/sbin/setserial /dev/ttyS0 uart none
/sbin/modprobe lirc_dev
/sbin/modprobe lirc_i2c
/sbin/modprobe lirc_serial irq=4 io=0x3f8

lircd already start automatically.
ivtv module already start automatically and my card are recognised pvr350, pvr500

once manually loaded mythtv work fine except for sound because can't figure out how to configure my card.
Audio device: ATI Technologies Inc SBx00 Azalia

I get :

aplay
*** PULSEAUDIO: Unable to connect: Connection refused
aplay: main:564: audio open error: Connexion refusée

Thanks for help

Claude