[mythtv-users] Myth records until drive is full (auto-expire is off)

Mark Parsons mythtv.org at thesanitarium.org.uk
Mon Dec 1 00:10:54 UTC 2008

On 30 Nov 2008, at 01:23, Nick Morrott wrote:

> * any idea how many users have /var/log on a separate partition?

*holds hand up*

Yeah, I've been bitten by that one before - and because my TV won't
display a VGA image via the DVI-HDMI interface, it was a complete
nightmare to fix. This was one of the first things that I changed in
my new Intrepid build - mysql and logs on one partition, myth
recordings on another, and the system totally separate. Not trivial to
set up (to a newbie anyway) - permissions, ownerships, symbolic links,
and then bloomin' Apparmor to round it all off nicely!

FWIW though Nick, all of your suggestions sound 100% sensible to me!

Mark P.