[mythtv-users] Announcing Mythtv Sidebar Gadget for Vista!

Robert Longbottom RobertCL at iname.com
Sun Aug 31 16:21:36 UTC 2008

Hi,

I've created a Vista [1] sidebar gadget that shows Mythtv status.  If
anyone is interested, you can get it from the link below. (Obligatory
screenshot is there too)

http://www.codeplex.com/mythtvSidebarGadget

It shows encoder status, guide data status, disk space and upcoming
recordings.

It's my first sidebar gadget, and I've only tested it on my setup, but
it's not doing anything clever so hopfully it should work for other
people too.  If it breaks your PC / Mythbox / desk / chair / neck, don't
blame me!

I've got a few ideas for possible future improvements, such as a popout
to show more upcoming recordings, see if I can work out how to detect
and alert on conflicts, links to Mythweb, ....

Send comments / feedback / flames to the list.

Enjoy!
Robert.

[1] Yes, thats _Windows Vista_ and I realise this is mainly a Linux
based list, but I have a Vista laptop that I use a lot and thought I'd
share in case anyone else likes the idea.