[mythtv-users] Long delays with remote occasionally

Allen Edwards allen.p.edwards at gmail.com
Sat Aug 30 19:00:05 UTC 2008

I have seen this many times and today my wife had an example.  She said the
remote wasn't working any more.  I came in from the garage and it wasn't
working. I put it down on the table.  Then myth suddenly responded to at
least some, if not all, of my key presses.  I tell the story to give an idea
of the time frames involved. She was just watching a recorded show and
wanted to pause it.

This happens now and then, not every day, but it is not rate either.

I have a HDHR with the IR Rx on it and a very powerful (high ir output)
programmable remote.  I am running LIRC on a mythbuntu 8.04 updated system.
When it works, it works instantly with no noticeable delay.

Any logs I can look in?  Anyone know what causes this?  A cure?

Allen