[mythtv-users] Problems with changing channels

Matzi Kratzi matzikratzi at gmail.com
Sat Aug 30 06:51:15 UTC 2008

(mythtv 0.21)
The dvb-t broadcasts in Sweden have probably been replanned recently.
I had to rescan for most channels.
I run into some problems:

1. Some of the non ciphered channels (TV4, TV6, might have been more)
did not turn up until I scanned also for ciphered channels. The
problem is solved, but I am curious about the reason.

2. I am not interested in all channels, so I have disabled viewing of
some of them. SVT1, SVT2, TV4, TV6, SVT24 and Barnkanalen are my
chosen channels. The correct channels turn up in the program guide,
but I cannot change to SVT1, SVT2 and TV4 if I try to cycle through
the channels with the arrows. They just do not show up.

3. It looks like I find DR1, DR2 and  TV2(Lorry) from Denmark when I
try to scan. They are however on the same channel numbers as SVT1,
SVT2 and TV4. I cannot watch the Danish channels. If I enable viewing
of them, their info is shown when cycling, but I get to another
channel when choosing them.

Thank you for all ideas.

/Mats