[mythtv-users] 1 of 2 dvb-s cards no longer work - DiSEqCDevTree, Error: FE_SET_TONE failed

covert covert thecovert at gmail.com
Sat Aug 30 05:22:53 UTC 2008

I have 2 dvb-s cards running in my MythTV. Both are set up the same.
Recently one card stopped working. Errors from BE log attached. I
changed the non working card to another card to check it was not a
faulty card and I still got the same error. I swapped over inputs
between the 2 cards to eliminate a faulty LNB and still the same
error.

I have deleted the cards a few times in the setup and re-set it up and
I still get the same error. I can also still successfully scan
transponders in the setup page with the card.

TVRec(27): Changing from None to WatchingLiveTV
TVRec(27): HW Tuner: 27->27
DiSEqCDevTree, Error: FE_SET_TONE failed
   eno: Bad address (14)
DVBSM(3), Error: Can not read DVB status
   eno: Bad address (14)
DVBSM(3), Warning: Can not measure Signal Strength
   eno: Bad address (14)
DVBSM(3), Warning: Can not measure S/N
   eno: Bad address (14)
DVBSM(3), Warning: Can not measure Bit Error Rate
   eno: Bad address (14)
DVBSM(3), Warning: Can not count Uncorrected Blocks
   eno: Bad address (14)

Any suggestions of what else to check ?