[mythtv-users] OT: Too pretty to be an 'enterprise NAS' Was - Re: NAS mobo

David Brodbeck gull at gull.us
Fri Aug 29 22:06:42 UTC 2008

On Thu, 28 Aug 2008 23:36:05 -0700, Justin The Cynical wrote
> I guess I could blame Apple.  They are the first company that I can
> recall that released a rack mount server with a brushed metal finish
> on the case.

Dell rack servers used to come with pretty enameled bezels, which I was always
tempted to detach and throw into a disused corner of the server room.  They
did look good when the boss visited, tho.

You could just as easily ask why most cars now come with a stylish plastic
engine cover that hides all that messy stuff under the hood.  Marketing is a
funny thing.