[mythtv-users] Nvidia GeForce 6200 DVI + component at same time?

Marc Christensen comments at mecworks.com
Fri Aug 29 14:59:09 UTC 2008

I just ordered a PNY VCG62256AEB GeForce 6200 256MB 64-bit GDDR2 AGP
4X/8X video card from Newegg.  I'm currently using a 6200 however, it
does not have component out support and this one does.

I have a projector that takes HDMI in and a small 17" widescreen display
that takes component in (no HDMI or DVI).  I would like to use the DVI
in the same way I'm using it now, feeding the HDMI-in on the projector @
720p and then I'd like to use the component out of the new card as a
clone, also at 720p, feeding the widescreen display.  I really don't
want to use the projector for watching daily programs and would much
rather use the smaller display.

I am hoping this is possible however, I have heard that the output that
you are currently using must be set as the primary display to avoid
tearing thus making only one display usable at a time.  Is this correct?
or can I have both displays on at the same time with good results?  If
it is necessary, is there a way to switch primary displays when using
one display or the other easily?

What is the best setup/configuration for this?

--
Marc Christensen
http://blog.mecworks.com