[mythtv-users] No reception or EIT for Channel 5 in Essex

Mark Fraser mythtv at mfraz.orangehome.co.uk
Fri Aug 29 11:53:33 UTC 2008

On Friday 29 August 2008 11:17:47 Paul Clark wrote:
> We can recieve most Freeview channels except the ones on freqId 11 in
> mythweb (whatever freqId 11 is).  So I'm thinking you're right, we
> might be lucky at the moment to get anything.  Our postcode is CM5.
>
> I'll still check tonight to see if the TV gets C5 when plugged
> directly into the aerial.

Looking at http://www.wolfbane.com/cgi-bin/tvd.exe for CM5 shows that CP is
the closest transmitter to you by about 10 miles. If you're currently using
Sandy Heath and decide to change, you may have to get a new aerial as CP is
in group A and SH is group E (of course if you've got a wideband one it won't
matter).

--
|\  /| ark Fraser  /Registered Linux User #466407