[mythtv-users] NAS mobo

Yan Seiner yan at seiner.com
Thu Aug 28 13:58:51 UTC 2008

jedi wrote:
> On Sat, Aug 23, 2008 at 10:41:48PM -0400, Christopher X. Candreva wrote:
>
>> On Thu, 21 Aug 2008, Yan Seiner wrote:
>>

>>> I found a case that will take 20 SATA hard drives.  Cool!  So now I'm
>>>
>> So, after that whole discussion, the most important fac was left out.
>>
>> Where did you find this case ? :-)

<http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?item=N82E16811219021>

Norco in general makes some really inexpensive cases.  Some people have
had trouble with the hot-swap chassis but as it's basically a passive
board there isn't much to go wrong, unless the mechanical alignment
between the drive and the caddy and the backplane are messed up.

--Yan

--
  o__

"I worry about my child and the Internet all the time, even though she's too young to have logged on yet. Here's what I worry about. I worry that 10 or 15 years from now, she will come to me and say 'Daddy, where were you when they took freedom of the press away from the Internet?'"
--Mike Godwin, Electronic Frontier Foundation