[mythtv-users] Mythtv automatically going to a source

Michael T. Dean mtdean at thirdcontact.com
Wed Aug 27 06:51:52 UTC 2008

On 08/26/2008 11:59 PM, Jean-Yves Avenard wrote:
> Yesterday obviously 20080827020001 wasn't there, and the earliest
> backup was 20080822020003
>
> And this is the one it used when I didn't specify which backup to use
> for restore.

OK, my curiosity got the better of me so I had to test this out now
(rather than going to sleep as I should have).  Of course, when I tested
it, everything worked perfectly...

So, reading the code to look for problems, I found there was a
one-character typo in my sort which meant that the sort was basically
doing nothing.  So, it's a /very/ good thing that your filesystem
happened to return the list of files in the opposite order mine did
(mine returns them in the desired order, so all seemed good).  I've
submitted a patch to fix it ( http://svn.mythtv.org/trac/ticket/5649 ),
and--once it's committed, the backup file auto-selection should work
(script version 1.0.2).

Thanks, also, for the excuse to submit a patch--I've been looking for a
chance to submit one to correct a couple of hard-coded names in the
comments/--help that weren't changed when the script name got changed.
And, since I haven't gotten the bigger changes I'm planning to make
finished, yet...  :)

If you want to download the updated scripts (rather than patch the
existing scripts), you can get them at:

http://misc.thirdcontact.com/MythTV/mythconverg_backup.pl
http://misc.thirdcontact.com/MythTV/mythconverg_restore.pl

Thank you /very/ much for finding this bug.

Mike