[mythtv-users] Output from the Hauppauge HD-PVR?]

Steve Heistand steve at heistand.org
Wed Aug 27 04:36:42 UTC 2008

marshall.mcmullen at gmail.com, said on Tue Aug 26, 2008 [10:27:57 PM]:
}
} ----- "Steve Heistand" <steve at heistand.org> wrote:
}
} > 3 new non clipped HDPVR output samples.
} > 720p at 6mbps recording rate. ~125M each.
} >
} > http://www.wvcom.net/hdpvr/hdt.mpg
}
} So, on a whim I downloaded and tried playing this on my main frontend.
} I had absolutely no expectations of it actually playing as its specs
} were far below what I thought I would need to play the output from the
} HD-PVR.  But to my total astonishment, it played flawlessly !! 'top'
} reported the system running at around 97-101% during playback. Here
} are the system specs:
}
} CPU: AMD Athlon(tm) 64 X2 Dual Core Processor 3800+
} MEMORY: 2GB
}
} Other system info:
} MythTV Version   : 16838
} MythTV Branch    : branches/release-0-21-fixes
} Library API      : 0.21.20080304-1
} Network Protocol : 40
} Options compiled in:
} linux profile using_oss using_alsa using_arts using_jack using_backend
} using_dbox2 using_dvb using_firewire using_frontend using_hdhomerun
} using_iptv using_ivtv using_joystick_menu using_libfftw3 using_lirc
} using_opengl_vsync using_opengl_video using_v4l using_x11 using_xrandr
} using_xv using_xvmc using_xvmcw using_xvmc_vld using_glx_proc_addr_arb
} using_bindings_perl using_bindings_python using_opengl
} using_ffmpeg_threads using_libavc_5_3 using_live
}
} This is a mythbuntu system and I haven't done anything special to it.
} The only think unique about it is that it's a diskless system that
} boots off of NFS mounted filesystem over a gigabit ethernet.
}
} So am I crazy ?? I thought there was no way this would play ?
}
} Either way, I'm now getting really excited about this. Before I
} thought I'd be replacing all my frontends with 3+GHZ dual-cores,
} but maybe this is enough after all ? Anyone else have any similar
} success ?
}

given an old video card that actually supports xvmc a dual 3800
should really be fine. but the right video card is essential.

--
"Why is it so hot inside this handbasket?"
steve at heistand.org