[mythtv-users] TV signal not acquired

Yann Lehmann aristide at vtxmail.ch
Tue Aug 26 18:55:54 UTC 2008

sac a écrit :

> I am at loss here... anybody on the list having an idea on how to make
> the cable TV work?

First, check that the pvr-usb2 gets initialized properly (with dmesg).
If yes, you should be able to find the according device to use in
mythtv-setup (/dev/videox).

Then add your pvr-usb2 as a capture-card. You will have to configure it
as a Hauppauge pvr-xx0 device (don't remember the exact option) *, and
then choose the right /dev/videox video source.

Then you could add one or two channels manually (with their frequencies)
with the channel editor in mythtv-setup to make sure that your device
and your cable are working.

* I just added a pvr-usb2 to my backend recently (Mythbuntu 8.04 with
"stock" MythTV), and I could not choose the right video source when I
first configured it as a pvr-xx0. I had to configure it as a v4l-card,
choosing the right /dev/videox source, save it all, and later switch it
to a pvr-xx0.

Yann