[mythtv-users] Screen corruption with fglrx X driver

kanetse@gmail.com kane.tse at gmail.com
Tue Aug 26 16:29:19 UTC 2008

I checked my configuration, and I am using catalyst-8.8 on my 64-bit
install of CentOS 5.2.

I was able to avoid/fix the 'checkboard of death' problem by setting
passing a --geometry flag to mythfrontend as people have suggested in
this thread, setting it one pixel larger than the actual screen
resolution.

However, it looks like I am having vsync problems... I see image
tearing when watching recording.  Tried all kinds of combinations to
enable/disable vsync using OpenGL (in the MythTV menus); as well as
fiddling around with the aticonfig/GUI... it didn't seem to work.

For now, I'm switching over to XvMC on my 6600.  Hopefully ATi will
resolve these problems in the next release.