[mythtv-users] How to delete a non-existent encoder from a non-existent machine?

Allen Edwards allen.edwards at oldpaloalto.com
Tue Aug 26 16:29:14 UTC 2008

My myth status shows encoder5 not available.  Encoder5 is no longer on
my second myth box, which is now a frontend only machine so I can't
delete it.  This machine was once a standalone machine before being
converted to frontend only.  (I borrowed encoder4 to try and debug
this KQED problem, then converted the machine back to frontend only).

So, I have a non-existant encoder on a machine that does not even have
a backend.  How do I delete it?

It is not causing any problems, but is esthetically unpleasant.  Not
unpleasant enough to manually edit data bases or try deleting all
tuners without even knowing if that will work, given the tuner is not
on any machine I can delete it from.  These are solutions from various
posts but they look undesirable given they don't apply to my
situation.  The only thing I can think of is to add the backend
function to the frontend only machine and delete the tuner there.
Again, seems like a lot of trouble without knowing if it will even
work.

On a related issue, mythweb setup shows 7 machines.  I only have 2 but
apparently have used a variety of names for the second one I built,
and mythweb remembers them all.  This is confusing as well as being
esthetically unpleasant.  Any way to clean that up?

Allen