[mythtv-users] Mythtv backend segfaults every few days

Edmund edmund.1 at dial.pipex.com
Tue Aug 26 09:11:05 UTC 2008

I have been running mythtv backend (0.21) on a debian Etch box with
backports 2.6.24-1-amd-64 and it is mostly working how I want it but
every so often the backend dies. It shows up in the syslog as a segfault.

I understand that I have to compile the backend with
--compile-type=debug as an option and run with gdb to get more
information but I am unsure about this.

Do I need to do an apt-get remove first? And if I do that what is the
best way of preserving all my settings and program information and
channel tunings? I only have DVB-T cards and setting them up took quite
a while.