[mythtv-users] Screen corruption with fglrx X driver

Robert Barnes robert.barnes at gmail.com
Tue Aug 26 04:30:34 UTC 2008

2008/8/26 kanetse at gmail.com <kane.tse at gmail.com>:
> Just wanted to chime in on this very old thread, I'm seeing exactly
> the same problems as described above.  Anyone know of any solutions
> yet?  I'm ready to give up and plug in an older GeForce 6600 into the
> PCI-E slot.

I have been experiencing the same problem for weeks now. Last night I
updated to the latest ATI driver release and still experienced the
tearing. I searched the web and found an environment variable that
"fixes" it:

export LIBGL_ALWAYS_INDIRECT=true

I found the clue here:
http://forums.fedoraforum.org/showthread.php?s=806b7f10b546b6dd0ee48d4780ad0daf&t=127834&page=2&pp=15

I also had the split screen due to interlacing, I will try some
settings tonight  to correct that too.

I am very keen to get a proper fix..

Regards,
Rob Barnes