[mythtv-users] Is cable going widescreen?

Steve Peters - Priority Electronics steve at priorityelectronics.com
Mon Aug 25 17:40:27 UTC 2008

When the digital cutoff comes in feb of next year.I'm kinda curious about
the standard over the air channels that cable companies carry.

Will they be going widescreen on me?

Right now, I can have a 4:3 tv and watch the 4:3 local channels from my
cable company, as oppossed to the 16:9 hd locals.

But after feb of next year, will those 4:3 channels even exist? I know that
if I was doing just OTA, then with a converter box, the answer would be yes,
only widescreen, leaving black bars above and below the picture.but what
about cable? They have not mentioned anything in their ads except that
you'll be just fine with cable.

-Steve