[mythtv-users] How do I undo a mythrename oops?

Craig Huff huffcslists at gmail.com
Mon Aug 25 12:38:39 UTC 2008

On Mon, Aug 25, 2008 at 2:34 AM, Ian Barton <lists at manor-farm.org> wrote:
>> If that's the case, then the problem becomes: "How do I find the ones
>> whose filenames don't match what MythTV expects and then how do I fix
>> them, and is there an easier way to find them than manually trying to
>> play each one in MythTV?"
>>
> You can restore everything back to the default naming scheme by running:
>
> mythrename.pl --format '%c_%Y%m%d%H%i%s' --live
>
> Ian (Who has also shot himself in the same foot in the past).

Thanks to all for the feedback.  Seems there were seven recordings
that got halfway renamed and a couple which had links created with the
new name but pointing to the old location of the recordings while
leaving the recordings (in the same directory as the new links) with
unchanged names.

With your inputs I was able to re-sort everything and get them renamed
back to the standard naming scheme.  It didn't hurt that I was able to
resurrect the M$ Access view scheme of the DB on a remote (dark side
of the desk) Windoze system so I could see what the DB expected the
file names to be.  I also referred to the recordings screen to find
ones with the same channel, date and time as the ones that didn't get
renamed so I could "rename" with the human readable versions before I
re-renamed them all back to the standard scheme.

All sorted out.  Thanks!

Ian  - we really should think about shopping for steel toed (-- or
better -- armor plated) boots! ;-)

Craig.