[mythtv-users] Blue line when playing TV

Craig Ghareeb cghareeb at comcast.net
Sun Aug 24 21:52:55 UTC 2008

> On Aug 24, 2008 at 14:46:19 +1000, Jean-Yves Avenard wrote:
>
>Hi
>
>I just got myself a Sony LCD TV (KDL-46X3100) which is a 1920x1080 screen.
>
>I use a mac mini as a frontent (running mythbuntu 8.04)
>
>When watching live TV though Myth there's a bit bright blue line at
>the top of the screen.
>I tried playing with the Y displacement value ; but it doesn't seem to
>make any differences.
>
>Any ideas how to get rid of it ?
>
>Thanks
>JY

I can't explain why, but I wrestled with the same issue - displacement & scaling not effecting the problem.
However, editing the Current Video Playback Profile so that the matching rule used a different renderer (xv-blit to opengl, in my case), attempting playback, and then switching it back made the blue line disappear permanently.
I can't explain it, of course, but it worked for me.

HTH.

Craig