[mythtv-users] Cannot watch KQED recorded with HDHR on MythTV

Allen Edwards allen.edwards at oldpaloalto.com
Fri Aug 22 23:28:08 UTC 2008

On Fri, Aug 22, 2008 at 3:37 PM, Brad DerManouelian
<myth at dermanouelian.com> wrote:
> On Aug 22, 2008, at 2:43 PM, Allen Edwards wrote:
>
>>> there is a tuner id on the left side. you will have to match up
>>> the id with the right tuner. just un check the visible on one
>>> (channel will be there for each tuner) and save at the bottom
>>> and see if the channel is gone from the right tuner inside
>>> mythfrontend.
>>> repeat as needed.
>>
>> I looked for that.  Each channel is only listed once.
>> http://paloaltophoto.com/myth.gif
>>
>> I am still missing something that will be obvious once it is pointed
>> out.
>
> If you want two different channel lineups, you need to set up a
> virtual lineup.
> The instructions are here (--remove-new-channels is an important part
> of this):
> http://www.gossamer-threads.com/lists/mythtv/users/285225#285225
>
> They should probable (maybe are?) be on the wiki as well, but I just
> referred to this post when I needed to do it myself.
>
> -Brad

The only part of that post I understood was the comment by MM:

"I have read and re-read your post several times, but I still cannot see
how it works."

Any possibility of a clear explanation?

I have:
4 capture cards
1 video source (schedules direct 94301)
4 input connections connecting the 4 capture cards to the 1 video source

What should I do now?

Allen