[mythtv-users] motherboard critique

ojw at weilerfamily.com ojw at weilerfamily.com
Fri Aug 22 05:53:49 UTC 2008

I'm looking for a motherboard critique...

I just found the new PNY motherboard on newegg (model MBM630I7150):

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16813159002

Since it doesn't have any customer reviews yet, I'm guessing it's really,
really new.  I'd like to use this for a new myth frontend to do HD for OTA
ATSC at 1080i.  I like the idea that there is a direct HDMI out.  I plan on
pairing this with an Intel Core 2 Duo E7200 (2.53Ghz and seemingly quite
overclockable based on the reviews).

Obviously, since there are no reviews, I could be in for real surprise but
based on the specs at PNY:

http://www2.pny.com/GeForce-7150-GPU-Motherboard-P2669C371.aspx

Does it seem reasonable that this would make a good frontend for my needs?