[mythtv-users] NAS mobo

Brian Wood beww at beww.org
Thu Aug 21 13:55:39 UTC 2008

John Drescher wrote:
>> Hadn't thought of PCIe, guess I'm living in the past with the 133Mhz.
>> 64-bit bus architecture.
>>
> PCI-X will work as well but it will require a more expensive server
> board. I guess if you are going to spend $2000 US or more  on 20 hard
> drives you can afford a $500 US mobo though but I would say these make
> no effort to conserve power.

With Terrabyte drives available, I'm not sure a 20-drive array is
reasonable for a MythTV system, but I guess some people watch more TV
than I do :-)

I'm not sure of the OP was interested in the speed or the capacity of
such an array, but the speed is limited by the network and the capacity
might be overkill.

Sounds like one of those "because I can" projects, but they can be the
most fun :-)

I once heard such things described as a triumph of engineering over
common sense.

beww