[mythtv-users] Program guide in LiveTV is beyond slow/sluggish

Bobby Gill bobbygill at rogers.com
Wed Aug 20 17:57:45 UTC 2008

On Wed, Aug 20, 2008 at 7:39 AM, Steve Netting <steve at moonfoundation.com>wrote:

> <quote who="Bobby Gill">
> > Just noticed this in the last few days or so, here's some output from
> > /var/log/mythbackend.log:
> >

> <snip>
>
> The program guide for me has recently started locking the box solid.
> Works fine from the menu, but from LiveTV (with the mini-view of the live
> chnl) it instantly locks up, requiring a power cycle.
>
> Mythbunto 8.10 (so lenny/sid?):-
>
> MythTV Version   : 16838
> MythTV Branch    : branches/release-0-21-fixes
>
> Perhaps related ... *shrug*
>

> Steve

Strange, it was working fine again last night for a moment and then now it's
back to lagging.

Ashley, I checked those links and I am using myth v0.21, and I don't
understand how it has been fixed-- I saw note of a patch but have no idea
how to apply it, or do I just hold on until the next release or ??

Thanks
Bob