[mythtv-users] Cover downloads from IMDB

Ashley Bostock abostock at gmail.com
Wed Aug 20 10:46:39 UTC 2008

2008/8/20 Damian <damian at gingermagic.co.uk>:
> Brian Phillips wrote:
>> Bobby Gill wrote:
>>> James, I just glanced at my V poster as well hehe, yeah it's high-res
>>> too.
>>>
>>> Yes another source would be good, maybe movieposter.com or something?
>>>
>>> Bob
>>
>> If I'm not mistaken, the grabber goes to imdb.com and then goes to the
>> "posters" page.
>>
>> Once on that page it looks for URLs for various sites in a "preference"
>> order.  IMDB images are the last grabbed (if the previous URLs time out).
>>
>>>From line 277 of my imdb.pl there's a comment:
>>    # look for references to impawards.com posters - they are high quality
>>
>> Then if it can't get a poster from that site, it tries "nexbase", then
>> "cinemablend", then finally imdb.com.
>>
>> If all of them fail, it doesn't grab a poster.
>>
>> Brian
>
> So maybe it's the images on the first search that have changed? Is that
> impawards.com?
>
> Damian

Looks like imdb have changed their posters page layout. Just edit you
imdb.pl file (probably located in
/usr/local/share/mythtv/mythvideo/scripts) and change line 282 from...

my $impsite = parseBetween($response, "<a href=\"".$site, "\">".$site);

...to...

my $impsite = parseBetween($response, "<a href=\"".$site,
"\">\(Theatrical Movie Posters\)");

That should fix the problem.
Ash