[mythtv-users] ITV HD working with SVN ffmpeg and help compiling mythtv on hardy heron 8.04

John Taylor john at vetsurgeon.org.uk
Wed Aug 20 08:27:04 UTC 2008

The SVN ffmpeg now seems to support PAFF and spatial direct mode. I can now
play ITV HD ts files in mplayer fine with no jerkiness and see the gerkin in
all its glory! However, the mythtv player still doesn't see the stream.

I can convert the ts using ffmpeg and -sameq so that the H264 video is
lifted from its H222 container and then play from mythtv, but I'd rather use
the ITV HD patch on the mailing list.

I'm having problems compiling SVN mythtv on Ubuntu 8.04 (QT4 related
problems it seems!)

Is there a good how to on compiling mythtv on Hardy Heron?

Thanks, John