[mythtv-users] Input stops working in HD LiveTV

Steve Heistand steve at heistand.org
Tue Aug 19 16:54:03 UTC 2008

On Tue, 19 Aug 2008 09:41:29 -0700, Jason Gillis wrote
> > So, I've got an interesting problem when watching HD livetv in mythtv
> > on my appletv (mythbuntu-hardy).
> >
> > Basically, when I watch LiveTV in myth, input stops working when the
> > program is an HD program (720p or 1080i).  Keyboard commands and
> > remote (MCE USB) buttons via lirc don't seem to do anything.  The only
> > thing that responds is the ESC/exit button to get me out of livetv,
> > but I have to hit that twice for it to work.  If I hit 'y' early
> > enough in the beginning of the watch LiveTV process, I can switch to a
> > tuner that's not HD and everything works fine.
>
> I tried disabling Xrandr resolution switching this morning to see if that
> was part of the problem, but saw no difference in behavior.
>
> I also did some reading in the FAQ and the problem sounds vaguely like a
> focus problem, but I can't see how I'd lose focus when using the internal
> player.  Also, since I'm using the internal player to watch existing
> recordings, I'd expect the same behavior there.
>
> I also verified that keyboard input works when watching HD programming in
> livetv on the backend system, so it doesn't appear to be related to
> something on the backend.
>
> Any ideas that someone might have would be really appreciated!

just a WAG but in the mythtv-setup section on the tuner in question
there are timeout values for tuning and such. crank them up a bunch
and see if that helps.

no real logical reason for this but more of my normal off on a tangent
kind of thinking.