[mythtv-users] DecoderMAD - Error 5

Brad DerManouelian myth at dermanouelian.com
Mon Aug 18 21:48:52 UTC 2008

On Aug 18, 2008, at 2:25 PM, Gabe Rubin wrote:

> On Mon, Aug 18, 2008 at 2:12 PM, Frans Hardijzer <nsfrans at gmail.com>
> wrote:
>> This frontend runs on the same box as the backend. On the other,
>> networked,
>> frontends I can listen to all the music I like, no problemo.
>>
>> Could someone give me a hunch where to start looking for the source
>> of this
>> problem?
>>

> Can the frontend actually access this file?  I get this error when my
> frontend tries to play a track that is in the database but no longer
> exists.  Try running aplay and the file name, if that works then it is
> some other issue.  If not, see why the frontend can't access the
> directory or the file itself (permission issue, improper config
> network wise, etc).

Also make sure the files are mounted in the same place on all
frontends to reduce the amount of things that can go wrong. For
instance, if your music files are in /var/lib/mythtv/music on your
combo box and mounted to /mythtv/music on all your other frontends and
the setting says to use /mythtv/music, that would explain why they can
all access the files and your combo box's frontend cannot. A symlink
would fix that problem.

-Brad