[mythtv-users] Can play recording, but can't fast forward !

Jean-Yves Avenard jyavenard at gmail.com
Fri Aug 15 11:10:56 UTC 2008

Hi

2008/8/15 Jean-Yves Avenard <jyavenard at gmail.com>:
> Hi
>
> I have a few recordings , I can watch them fine and fast forward at 3X ..
>
> However , anything faster (say 5X) then mythfrontend will hang and
> will not respond anymore requiring to kill the process...

Fixed it...

I noticed the following errors in mythbackend.log:
2008-08-15 21:03:01.811 DB Error (delta position map insert):
Query was:
INSERT INTO recordedseek (chanid, starttime, mark, type, offset) VALUES ( '1001'
 , '2008-08-15T21:00:00' , 3813 , 9 , 325996136 );
Driver error was [2/145]:
QMYSQL3: Unable to execute query
Database error was:
Table './mythconverg/recordedseek' is marked as crashed and should be repaired

etc etc...

Which I fixed using the following command:
mysqlcheck --auto-repair -A -u mythtv -pmysqlpass

Found following instructions:
http://www.pantz.org/software/mysql/fixingmysqlcrashedtables.html

No idea why my mysql database would get corrupted though ; nor why
mythfrontend would crash so bad (it crashed on all frontends I tried
too !)