[mythtv-users] HD-PVR and 0.21: any way to add it as a capture card?

Bob Sully rcs at malibyte.net
Thu Aug 14 02:59:03 UTC 2008

Brad DerManouelian wrote:
> On Aug 13, 2008, at 9:26 AM, Bob Sully wrote:
>
>> Brad:
>>
>> I figured that was the case but figured that it couldn't hurt to
>> ask.  I
>> don't have any problems compiling, but hate to mess with an otherwise
>> stable, 98%-working Myth setup (I'm still having a few issues with
>> LCDd
>> and getting a remote set up; the latter is more out of laziness on
>> my part
>> than anything else).
>
> Can you even get the content to play back on your machine? The content
> is kicking my AMD 64 X2 4400+'s butt right now.

Brad:

It plays fine on my main Mythbox (combined FE/BE; Quad-core 6600 at
2.4GHz).  I have a FE machine upstairs (a slightly overclocked AMD-64x2
5600+; 2.4 -> 2.52GHz); on that box it was a little choppy but not bad (I
think if I had recorded it at a slightly lower bitrate it would play
completely cleanly). Both are using nvidia cards (8600 on the 6600 and
7600 on the AMD).

Bob

How much can you OC your 4400+? ;-)