[mythtv-users] Accessing mythweb from outside internal network

Steve Heistand steve at heistand.org
Wed Aug 13 16:52:20 UTC 2008

> You mention it's not the much more....  I can't find any mention of thier commercial services on thier
website, could you point me to somewhere where it's described?  And how much of a difference is it?

I have comcast business at $95/month in bay area CA if location matters.
It would seem that residential is around $55/month here.
differences are a much faster upstream 3mbits vs 1mbits or so.
the downstream peaks at about the same but it would seem that business
doesnt have "blast" its just always that fast. I also get a static IP
with that. No bandwidth limits and no "filtering or shaping" of traffic.
and I have done close to a terabyte worth of data some months, mostly
down not up but I do a lot of up as well.
I have web servers/email servers/etc and no complaints.

overall I like comcast business internet very much, and I hate comcast
in general so I feel that counts as something :)