[mythtv-users] "Woodchuck" sound on TV playback

Michael T. Dean mtdean at thirdcontact.com
Tue Aug 12 21:48:05 UTC 2008

On 08/12/2008 04:53 PM, Bobby Gill wrote:
> On Tue, Aug 12, 2008 at 4:34 PM, Michael T. Dean wrote:
>> On 08/12/2008 04:20 PM, James Oltman wrote:
>>
>>> I should have been more specific.  I am not getting "chipmunk" voices. It's actually a static "chatter"  I can't make out any sounds at all.
>> Sounds like you may be passing AC-3/DTS to the receiver, but it thinks
>> it's PCM.
> You know, I am having this issue as well (or extremely similar) but only on
> certain channels. Haven't a clue how to go about solving it.

Disable AC-3/DTS passthrough by unchecking the checkboxes:

Enable AC3 to SPDIF passthrough
Enable sending AC3 audio directly to your sound card's SPDIF output, on
sources which contain AC3 soundtracks (usually digital TV).  Requires
that the audio output device be set to something suitable.

Enable DTS to SPDIF passthrough
Enable sending DTS audio directly to your sound card's SPDIF output, on
sources which contain DTS soundtracks (usually DVDs).  Requires that the
audio output device be set to something suitable.

in mythfrontend settings under the main general settings.

Mike