[mythtv-users] Alternative commercial cut program

John Finlay finlay at moeraki.com
Mon Aug 11 18:23:49 UTC 2008

Every time I try to use mytharchive to back up a recording to dvd
mythtranscode fails to remove the commercials I manually set in the
cutlist because it encounters some corruption in the recording. Usually
the corruption is so minar that it's hard to tell that there is
corruption. Is there a transcoder that is more robust in the face of
errors than mythtranscode and works with US recordings? I've seen a
mention of projectx, would that work better?

Thanks

john